Two posts in as many days - wow! Something must have kicked my bum in gear.
Or not. I've had some photos sitting around that I never posted about, so since I've been taking a short crafting hiatus, I figured I'd fill in the gaps with some old photos.
So for this entry, I'm going to show you a cute bunny set I improvised for a custom order:
The hat is just a standard baby hat with some easrs I free-formed using a similar technique to the puffs in a Beekeeper's Quilt. I'm thinking of writing up a pattern and/or doing a tutorial because they can be altered for any hat. Halloween is coming up, so you can never be short of home-made costume ideas.
The diaper cover is fairly basic, as well. I found a free diaper cover pattern I liked and altered it by using plain old stockinette. This helped the hat and cover match in style.
For the finishing touches, I created a pom-pom bunny tail by using just my fingers, then sewed on some clear buttons to hold the cover in place. I think it came out pretty cute, if I don't say so myself.
Since taking this photo, I also imrovised a little carrot for the baby to hold in the photos.
All in all, a quick and easy set that will look great on any newborn!
I'm working on getting photos of my 8,000 current projects, so expect some more posts next week. I'd like to work on some knitting this weekend, but I'm headed to the Poconos for a fun trip with the ladies because all our husbands will be baseball groupies out in Pittsburgh. My guess is I'll be a little distracted - I've already started packing wine.
See you all next week!